Mirror Reflections to Mindful Revelations: A Journey through the Mental Health Awareness Campaign

Once there was a time when people around us were not at all conscious about one's mental health. People used to confine their inconveniences about their mental health to themself only, which resulted in various daily life complications. At that time, mental health awareness among people was just a myth! But now in the 21st century, people are conscious about their mental health as like their physical health. Most of the people take initiative by consulting with a psychologist. Now if we question, why mental health is so important for us? mental health is an essential thing for us as it helps us to relate to others, make healthy choices, and determine how we handle stress. It also affects how we think, react, feel, and act. So, we must prioritize our mental health as much as we do our physical health. But to be a bit clearer many of us remain unaware about mental health issues. This ignorance results in stressful life situations which are unsolvable. To solve these problems a group of people arranged a mental health awareness campaign that actively promotes assertive mental healthcare. These campaigns not only work to spread awareness about human mental health but also help in many psychological sectors. Today I will share an experience of mine about attending a mental health campaign.


As I stepped into the "Mental Health Awareness Campaign " my curiosity was piqued by the colorful booth named "Self-Care and Appreciation". I had no idea that this event would have such a significant influence on how I see mental health and self-awareness. In the Booth "Self-Care and Appreciation" There was an activity involving standing in front of a mirror and looking at myself for a moment then writing my instant positive thoughts about my uniqueness on a sticky note. I admit, at first, I was a little uneasy as if I were disclosing my private thoughts to my reflection. However, when I stared into my own eyes, I began to understand the strength of self-awareness. I grabbed a sticky note and found myself writing down an instant positive thought about my uniqueness. On that stressful day, I continued attending classes one after the other since morning without taking a break I was working so hard that I didn't even notice it. But when I stood in front of that mirror and thought about what makes me special and positive. That's when it hit me. Before long, I noticed a big improvement in how I felt about myself. My self-esteem got a real boost! This was in line with the psychological idea of self-esteem, according to which developing a good self-image and realizing our value can increase emotional well-being and resilience. I also got very motivated after seeing the sticky notes written by others there.

 


In one of the other booths, an engaging activity awaited me. I was tasked with selecting a note that presented a situation, and my challenge was to write a response on how I would handle that situation. I discovered a fascinating occurrence when observing the varied set of participants. The intriguing idea of "Individual differences" in psychology is illustrated by the fact that, despite all participants being presented with the same scenarios, their written responses varied substantially. This experience gave me a real-life example, providing me with valuable insights and a deeper understanding of how each individual's perspective and approach can differ, even when faced with similar circumstances.

Also, the various booths of the campaign organized some fun games. Among them, I liked the Trust Your Buddy game. I realized how important these games are to relieve our boredom and for our mental health. There were some brainstorming games too, for instance, the riddle-solving game attracted my attention as well as many others!



 

The entire experience left me thinking about what else might be added to upcoming campaigns to increase the impact and motivate more active participation. One suggestion would be to Organize a series of lectures featuring mental health professionals, and individuals with lived experiences. These speakers will be able to provide their perspectives, life experiences, and coping mechanisms for people dealing with mental health issues. Participants can learn and be motivated to put their mental health first by hearing from various viewpoints.

 

Furthermore, the campaign could incorporate games that induce laughter and humor and can release endorphins, promoting a positive mood and reducing stress. Once more, these campaigns may include films or documentaries that address issues related to mental health. Each screening is followed by a discussion to encourage audience participation in meaningful conversations.

 

In conclusion, the Mental Health Awareness Campaign was a wonderful experience, and I believe such campaigns should be regular as they have a profound positive impact on our mental health and life. 

Written by:

Umme Habiba Islam. ID:23301148, Sec:30

Anindo Monsur. ID:23301153, Sec:30

Comments